#BLOGMAS DAY 5
Can’t believe Christmas is merely 20 days away! Another thing I can’t believe is the intensity, creaminess and butteriness of the shadows in the limited edition Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Palette!
I’ve only had this for three days, yet I haven’t been able to stop obsessing over it!
Check out my thoughts and swatches below.
Disclaimer: Post contains affiliate links.
The palette comes with 14 x 0.025 oz eye shadows.
Here are the list and swatches of the shades:
- Pink Champagne (rose gold with a titanium finish)
- Metallic Plum (dark plum with a metallic finish)
- Self-Made (deep bronze with a satin finish)
- Witchy (khaki gray with a sparkle finish)
- Blush (light beige with a duo-chrome pink finish)
- Blossom (lilac pink with a metallic finish)
- Buttery (buildable beige with an ultra-matte finish)
- Deep Purple (amethyst purple with a titanium finish)
- Treasure (ultralight champagne with a metallic finish)
- Hot & Cold (rum brown with a metallic finish)
- Sherbert (ultralight peach with a velvet finish)
- Isla (sea foam green with a duo-chrome gold finish)
- Spirit Rock (galaxy black with a sparkle finish)
- Hot Chocolate (rich, cocoa brown with an ultra-matte finish)
My favorite shades would definitely have to be Pink Champagne (gorgeous “top coat” glittery shade), Hot & Cold (soooo creamy and intense!), Blossom (stunning and creamy!), Deep Purple and Isla (so unique!).
Here’s a look I created using Isla, Deep Purple, Treasure, Buttery, Sherbert and Metallic Plum!
My least favorite is ironically Self-Made. I expected this shade to be phenomenal because, well, this shade is the whole palette’s namesake, amirite? It’s however rather dry to the touch and isn’t as intensely pigmented as the rest of the shadows. Same thing with Spirit Rock, it’s a bit dry and patchy. Still gorgeous when built up though, I just wish it’s as intense even with just one layer, just like the rest of the shades.
The packaging is really cute! It’s essentially cardboard-based but is covered in fabric, which makes it look so classy and unique.
I like that it’s not too thin or fragile, but not too unnecessarily bulky (like the Urban Decay Vice Palettes) either.
It comes with a pretty wide mirror that covers almost the whole length of the palette, and it also comes with a very high-quality brush.
This brush is honestly the best I’ve received in palettes!
I’ve only used this palette twice, but I wore them in crazy hot and humid weather, so it really did test the shadows’ durability, and I gotta say I’m pretty damn impressed. I wore the Benefit Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer and applied the shade Buttery all over the lids as a base. Those two worked together really well to make the colors pop and last all day.
Each time I wore them, I had them on for more than 10 hours, and there were no creasing or fading until I removed it at the end of the day.
This palette retails for US$35 and is LIMITED EDITION and it’s beginning to be sold-out in some stores. For the price, I think it’s worth every penny. You get 14 shadows with a wide variety of colors and finishes, and the quality is just incredible.
You can get this palette in the following online stores:
What do you think of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Palette? I’m so head-over-heels in love with it!
Let me know what you think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.