Colourpop is one of my favorite makeup brands of all time. When they announced they are collaborating with Hello Kitty, my life is made! Two of my favorites creating one special collection is truly a dream come true!
Check out my Colourpop x Hello Kitty Collection review and swatches below.
Related posts: Hello Kitty 40th Anniversary Pop Up Party Eyeshadow Palette Review, ColourPop Super Shock Shadows Review, ColourPop Super Shock Cheek Review
Colourpop x Hello Kitty Hello Pretty Kit Review
This is the only comprehensive kit in the collection, which comes with eyes, cheeks and lip products. It’s packaged in a box that flips open and has a large mirror, which makes travelling with these products a tad easier and more organized (not sure if the cardboard packaging is durable though).
The packaging of the shadows and blushes is exactly the same as usual, but with a Colourpop x Hello Kitty logo on it. The lip products also come in their usual packaging, but with Hello Kitty’s ribbons printed on the wand handle. How cute is that!
This kit includes:
- 2 Super Shock Cheek blushes:
- Yummy Cookies: Pearlized finish light peach with a flip of silver (this ends up looking more like a highlighter on my light-medium skintone and lasts for about 6-7 hours on my skin)
- Fun With Friends: Pearlized finish vivacious mid-tone warm pink (probably my favorite Colourpop blush ever!!! This also lasted for more than 6 hours on my skin)
- 3 Super Shock Shadow eyeshadows:
- Juicy Apple: Glitter sheer finish soft gold topped with gold glitter (this has almost no pigmentation, it’s basically just gold glitter that can be used as a “top coat” for any eyeshadow look)
- Sticker Sheet: Satin finish cool-toned taupe (very smooth and blendable transition color)
- Bento Box: Pearlized finish true gunmetal (my favorite shade because it’s got the creamiest texture – it’s so creamy and almost-mushy that it feels more like a cream eyeshadow!)
As you can see below, Juicy Apple is basically just glitter. There’s nothing wrong with it being just glitter, it works well as a “top coat” shade for any eye look, but the problem I have with it is the fallout. I’ve worn this twice and the glitter falls on to my under eye area and upper cheeks during the day, and they’re somehow difficult to remove even though they easily transfer on to clothing and upon skin contact (my baby was so glittery after a feed! LOL). I just don’t understand how it’s difficult to remove completely from the skin even though it transfers easily.
- 1 Ultra Glossy Lip lipgloss:
- KT: Sheer finish light gold sprinkled with pink and gold glitter (very densely packed with glitter – gorgeous for topping off any lip color)
- 1 Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipstick:
- Ribbon: Matte finish rich blue red (this color somehow screams “Christmas”!)
I love the look of Ribbon so much! I haven’t worn this yet but this will definitely my lip color of choice for Christmas!
If you’re not sure what to get from the collection, I highly recommend starting out with this kit – it’s got all the basics! My absolute favorite pieces from this kit is the Bento Box shadow, Fun With Friends blush, and Ribbon liquid lipstick.
This retails for US$42 on the Colourpop website.
Colourpop x Hello Kitty Mama’s Apple Pie Review
This eyeshadow kit comes with 4 eyeshadows.
Rainbow: Glitter sheer finish white with highlights of silver and pink glitter
Friendship File: Metallic finish warm peachy beige dusted with silver and pink glitter
Small Gift: Pearlized finish mid-tone peachy pink
School Bus: Pearlized finish deep navy blue
Rainbow is basically super-densely-packed silver and pink glitter, probably 10x more packed than Juicy Apple as you can see in the swatches below. I haven’t used this yet because it’s too intense for daily use.
Friendship File reminds me of my favorite Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in La La! This is just a tad more glittery.
Small Gift is definitely my favorite color out of the whole Colourpop Hello Kitty collection! It’s the most unique color and I don’t have anything like it in my huge eyeshadow collection.
School Bus is gorgeous but the formula is the driest, but it still blends pretty well.
The thing with this set is that there is only one truly unique color out of the four, which is Small Gift. You can easily find the other three colors elsewhere. I honestly wish these were sold individually so I could get Small Gift on its own, but I think US$18 is worth every penny if you don’t have any of these shades in your collection.
This set retails for US$18 on the Colourpop website.
Colourpop x Hello Kitty Lips Review
All in all, the Colourpop Hello Kitty collection comes with three Ultra Glossy Lips, three Lippie Stix, two Ultra Satin Lips, and one Ultra Metallic Lip (not including the two lip products in the Hello Pretty kit). These are all individually sold and are not part of any kits.
I purchased five individual lip products from the collection.
Here are the lip products I purchased:
- Surprise (Ultra Metallic Lip): Metallic finish dynamic cool-toned ruby red topped with copper and hot pink glitter
- Tiny Chum (Ultra Satin Lip): Satin finish baby nude pink
- Supercute (Ultra Glossy Lip): Sheer finish bright warm pink doused with pink glitter
- Arigato (Ultra Glossy Lip): Sheer finish bright hot pink topped with a ton of hot pink glitter
- Konichiwa (Lippie Stix): Crème finish mid-tone cool blue pink
Surprise literally caught me by surprise! It’s has such a gorgeous finish! I’ve never owned any lip color with a metallic finish, so this is my favorite from all the lip products in this collection. It feels very comfortable on the lips and lasted for more than 5 hours (couldn’t wear it for more than 5 hours when I tested this, but will update this post if I ever get to wear it longer).
Tiny Chum looks gorgeous swatched but it looked a bit too cool-toned against my skin, but I still like it! It looks like I have nothing on my lips, but it just adds a bit of depth and “life” to it. Just wish it were a bit warmer toned. The formula is a bit drying on my sensitive lips, but I just topped it off with a bit of gloss when it starts feeling tight and dry. I love pairing this with the Supercute gloss.
Supercute and Arigato look so different when heavily swatched but on the lips, they look slightly similar, especially when Arigato is used lightly. They feel nice on the lips – not goopy and sticky at all. The glitters don’t move around or transfer, which is good! If I had to choose one I’d go with Supercute because the glitters really do stand out and are very unique – I don’t have anything like it in my collection.
Konichiwa is so adorable, I’ve been loving the color, but the issue I have with it is that it tugs on the lips a bit during application. My lips are still sensitive from my recent lip tumor surgery, so it does hurt a bit when I applied this since it tugged on the lips.
From the lip colors I purchased, ones I highly recommend are Surprise and Supercute! You can’t miss out on them! I really like Tiny Chum too 🙂
The liquid lipsticks and lip glosses retail for US$6 each and the Lippie Stix for US$5 on the Colourpop website.